Sunday, March 25, 2007

Prabhupada Quotes / Gift from BT / Rama's Glories

Srila Prabhupada said, "Ayur-veda means the Vedic knowledge about the duration of life."
Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.1.3, Caracas, February 24, 1975

Srila Prabhupada wrote in a letter dated August 14, 1976, "If you feel at all indebted to me then you should preach vigorously like me. That is the proper way to repay me. Of course, no one can repay the debt to the spiritual master, but the spiritual master is very much pleased by such an attitude by the disciple."

At our Gainesville men's group meeting, Brahma-tirtha Prabhu liberally agreed to give me a laptop which I can use on my travels to do my Krishna.com questions and my journal. All thanks to him for his kindness.

Notes on Nagaraja Prabhu's lecture on Lord Ramacandra's Appearance Day:
Some people think that because the Lord is all-pervading that He cannot appear. But God can do whatever He likes. Who can stop Him from appearing?
Srila Prabhupada once said that if Laksmi (wealth) is not used for Narayana (God) then she becomes maya (illusion).
The most important lesson to learn from Lord Rama's pastimes is that if you try to get Laksmi without Narayana, you will lose.
Our philosophy is that if you please God you do not have to worry about anything else.
The residents of Ayodhya, the kingdom of Lord Rama, were ready to leave the opulence of their land and follow Rama to the forest for without Rama their opulence had no meaning for them.
As devotees, we let Rama rule our life.